Wednesday, October 13, 2010

End of an Era


       7th October, 2010 marked the end of an era in my life and of course a new beginning (hopefully good). Well, I am not sure if 18 years was too little for to be called an era but for sure w.r.t me about 80% of my life's area of existence has become void now and hence yeah its indeed the end of an era for me.
  • It all began with the first thing which I could remember of happening was getting admission into Chinmaya Vidyalaya.
  • Learning the balancing act on my little cycle (with a sense of achievement of having removed its balance wheels all by myself).
  • Playing hide n seek forever with Sai, Anirudh, Natti, Kumar, Arjun, Chetan, my cousins and lots more throughout the summer holidays for quite some years.
  • With the tech age setting in, moved onto Contra, Mario, Tank, Pacman and what not while at times of power cuts as well as during endless "Don't get your eyes spoilt" retorts from elders, switched gears to the epitome games of those times such as Business, Monopoly and WWF Trump cards.
  • Then came the ages of Cricket madness starting from playing with empty asefoetida cans and aluminum rods to almond shells and exam pads and rubber balls and local bats to Cosco balls and seasoned willows as well as the assorted indoor cricket madness of Book cricket and Big Fun wrapper collections.
  • Then came the crux of the era, the "Balaji Bakery" which played a major role in my journey of the-making and sustenance of lotsa friends (seniors, juniors, elders too) till date. Its name was so very entwined to our lives and people around that, the present owners of that shop (being muslims)  failed to succeed in renaming it as well.
     Almost the entire unit of school folklores were (a few still are) in and around this area and another reason to the importance and grief was the fact that I had been the witnesseth of each of those folks migrating out of this area one after the other and that was truly a slow blow to me. With so much of countless stories at almost every spot in and around this area, it was truly a herculean task for me to physically to move out of this area however mentally slowly moving on, clinging onto the hopes...



4 comments:

  1. Loved it da! This was one note that everyone could relate to! We recently moved to Ambattur from Nanganallur leaving behind all my childhood friends and my Grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been in Purasai most of my life . . . Hope i don't have to move from here !!

    Where have you moved too da ?

    ReplyDelete

 
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs Blog Directory